All births that occurred in the Town of Nunda are filed with the Town Clerk and a birth certificate is issued. Our birth records go back to 1886. Any births within the years 1950-1963 are records held within the Village of Nunda, 585-468-2215 or email@example.com. A certified copy of a birth certificate is only available to an applicant eligible to receive it.
A certified copy or a certified transcript of a birth certificate may be issued only:
- To the person named on the birth certificate, if 18 years of age or older
- To the parents of the person named on the birth certificate
- To the lawful representative of the person named or the parents of the person named on the birth certificate
- To a person with a NY State Court Order
- To a municipal, state or federal agency when needed for official purposes
If you meet one of the listed requirements from above, you must bring one of the following proofs of identification with you to the Town Clerk’s Office, along with your completed birth copy application:
- A valid driver's license
- State issued non-driver's license identification card
- Military identification card
- Valid passport
- Employer's photo identification card
- Police report documenting the applicant's name, address and theft or loss of positive identification
The cost for a certified copy is $10.00 (Cash or Check payable to: Nunda Town Clerk)
Applications are available from the Town Clerk's office or by filling out this form.
Please be aware that according to New York State Department of Health Law, Birth Certificates and the indexes related to birth certificates are NOT subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) and are NOT open to public inspection.