The Town Clerk's office maintains information from records of birth, death and marriage and is available for genealogical research purposes. The information may be released for genealogy research subject to the following requirements:
Birth Certificate (records start at 1886)
- No information shall be released from a sealed birth certificate;
- The birth certificate has been on file for at least 75 years; and
- The person to whom the birth certificate relates is known by the applicant to be deceased. (proof required)
Marriage Certificate (records start at 1884)
- The marriage certificate has been on file for at least 50 years; and
- The bride and groom are known by the applicant to be deceased. (proof required)
Death Certificate (records start at 1885)
- The death certificate has been on file for at least 50 years
The time periods specified for birth, death and marriage records are waived if the applicant is a descendant of the person whose record is being requested. Proof that the requester is a direct descendant is required. A descendant is a person in the direct line of descent such as a son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, etc.
The cost for the search of, and an non certified copy of the record is $11.00 per copy. (Cash or Check payable to: Nunda Town Clerk)
Applications are available from the Town Clerk's office or by filling out this form.