All marriage licenses that are acquired in the Town Clerk’s office are filed with the Town and New York State Department of Health and a marriage certificate is issued by the Town Clerk.
A certified copy of a marriage transcript is only available to an applicant eligible to receive it.
A certified copy or a certified transcript of a marriage certificate may be issued only:
- To the persons named as one of the spouses in the marriage certificate
- To the parents of the person named on the marriage certificate
- To the lawful representative of the person named or the parents of the person named on the marriage certificate
- To a person with a NY State Court Order
- To a municipal, state or federal agency when needed for official purposes
If you meet one of the listed requirements from above, you must bring one of the following proofs of identification with you to the Town Clerk’s Office, along with your completed marriage copy application:
- A valid driver's license
- State issued non-driver's license identification card
- Military identification card
- Valid passport
- Employer's photo identification card
- Police report documenting the applicant's name, address and theft or loss of positive identification
The cost for a certified copy is $10.00 (Cash or Check payable to: Nunda Town Clerk)
Applications are available from the Town Clerk's office
Please be aware that according to New York State Department of Health Law, Marriage Certificates and the indexes related to marriage certificates are NOT subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) and are NOT open to public inspection.